October 6, 2009

I Just Graduated!

Wow, months without internet connection for fun but just for downloading hundreds journals, e-books, or any other resources, but paid cash finally! I was just graduated from petrochemical engineering master program. It’s The Indonesian President Scholarship Program. I was lucky to get one. To thank him, I put his name in the first list. In paper, I wrote this:

This paper is dedicated to the true supporters in my life:
- Mom and Dad
- Dyer Patriocta P.M.
- LJK
- My sisters, big brother and their family


I’d like to put the abstract of my thesis here. The title of my paper is CFD Modeling to Study Hydrodynamics of Fluid-Solid in Batch Scaled-Autoclave.

The earliest process of coal liquefaction is the mixing of coal, solvent, and appropriate catalyst with hydrogen in a liquefaction reactor. A few numbers of Indonesian experts have done the numbers of lab-scaled experiments of local coal liquefaction which generally used Batch scaled-autoclave reactors.

This paper aimed to study hydrodynamics of fluid-solid mixing as the earliest step of coal liquefaction. To model and to simulate the mixing has been used Fluent 6.3 software and GAMBIT of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) package. This paper runs the modeling in various coal sizes and running time. This model uses 75 micrometer and 250 micrometer of coal sizes, heavy oil as the solvent and alpha-limonite as the catalyst while the running times are 0 – 60 minutes.

The simulation results show that both the size of coal feeds and the mixing time influence both coal and solvent distributions but do not influence velocity magnitude of coal and pressure drop of the mixture in perfect mixing. Since a little number of catalyst used, hydrodynamics of catalyst can not be observed, however.

Keywords: autoclave, brown coal, CFD, coal, coal liquefaction, Fluent.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Latree@dandelion said...

congratulations :D

October 10, 2009  
Blogger Mr.rIDHO said...

Congratulations mom........

January 21, 2010  
Blogger Mr.rIDHO said...

mom wyd,,,
Congratulations....
I am so happy to hear this news...
what's your planning after graduating from petrochemical engineering master???

January 26, 2010  
Blogger wyd said...

@Mr. rIDHO: my plan is... to give the best of the best for my students.
nice to see u here, kid

January 26, 2010  
Blogger Mr.rIDHO said...

oK I AGREE with you, mom....

Let's give the best for everyone around us....

Keep spirit

January 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home